Title: Maintenance Technician
Classification: Full-time or part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
The Maintenance Technician will work under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor to ensure that all preventative maintenance and repairs are efficiently completed for YWCA program and administrative properties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance and repairs of buildings, equipment and grounds at various sites. Troubleshoot issues and perform general maintenance to include basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, and drywall repairs.
- Monitor and update maintenance work order database daily.
- Assist outside vendors with resolving maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with preparing sites for inspection to ensure compliance with all regulations and agency requirements.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of all company issued tools and equipment.
- May be on-call for building maintenance emergencies periodically.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Minimum two years of experience in general facilities maintenance or specific trades, including plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Valid California driver’s license with clean DMV report.
- Requires flexibility, dependability, professional and positive demeanor, and ability to work with a diverse population.
- Requires ability to make sound assessments and handle sensitive issues in a professional and confidential manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds; operate equipment such as power tools, hand tools, buffing machines; work around cleaning materials and chemicals; climb, bend and crawl in order to maintain building and grounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse lifestyles, backgrounds and ethnic and cultural groups.
- Candidates will be subject to a background check.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com in one PDF document. In the subject line, please reference “Maintenance Technician.”
It is the policy of YWCA of San Diego County to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, YWCA provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.