Residential Specialist (Relief)
The Residential Specialist (RS) is responsible for the daily operations and delivery of services for the YWCA’s residential programs. The RS will maintain a safe and secure environment for the people experiencing homelessness while ensuring the residents adhere to program policies. Additionally, RSs provide reception services and office support.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Make appropriate referrals to assist clients in locating community resources
- Fulfill clerical duties as assigned
- Create and monitor client chore responsibilities
- Be available for daily informal contact with clients
- Monitor client progress, provide crisis intervention and support
- Assess clients’ adherence to the Program Policies and Procedures
- Perform appropriate disciplinary measures for non-compliance
- Work in conjunction with other program staff to identify areas to be addressed during case management
- Assist day staff in stocking food for residents, and oversee dinner chores
- Light housekeeping:
- Occasionally help with turnover/ cleaning rooms as clients exit the program which can also include washing of linens, boxing up personal items, sweeping etc.
- Cleaning of Residential Specialists’ office
- Attend monthly house meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings and/ or case conferencing sessions
- Conduct and follow exit procedures
- Log, document and report incidents to proper authorities when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Six months experience in a residential setting required or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse lifestyles, backgrounds and ethnic and cultural groups.
- Candidates will be subject to a background check.
Email (Word document) cover letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, reference “Relief Residential Specialist”. Please no phone calls.
It is the policy of YWCA of San Diego County to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, YWCA provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.