Classification: Non-exempt, full-time
The Residential Specialist (RS) is responsible for the daily operations and delivery of services for the YWCA’s residential programs. The RS will maintain a safe and secure environment for the people experiencing homelessness while ensuring that residents adhere to program policies. Additionally, RSs provide reception services and office support.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Answer calls and provide assistance/referrals on the 24-hour domestic violence hotline
- Maintain responsibility for operation of the shelter
- Make appropriate referrals to assist clients in locating community resources
- Prepare and maintain case records
- Fulfill clerical duties as assigned, include fee collection
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Turnover/clean rooms as clients exit the program
- Laundry of linens as clients exit the program
- Weekend trash collection
- Store/put away food deliveries
- Communicate with Program Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Six months experience in a residential setting required or a combination of education and experience
- Must have or be willing to complete a 40-hour training course for domestic violence certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse lifestyles, backgrounds and ethnic and cultural groups
- Candidates will be subject to a background check
Email cover letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, reference “Residential Specialist.” Please no phone calls.
It is the policy of YWCA of San Diego County to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, YWCA provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.