Title: Security Officer
Classification: Non-exempt, part-time
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
The Security Officer promotes the safety and security of our 24-hour residential program. The Security Officer is responsible for performing building and parameter patrols, reporting safety concerns and/or incidents, monitoring building and property areas, and responding promptly to emergency situations.
- Responsible for investigating and reporting unusual or suspicious activities.
- Inspect building for fire and safety hazards, and document accordingly.
- Responsible for overall safety and security of the facility, including fire alarm system, evacuation procedures, and knowledge of all maintenance related equipment. May operate fire equipment, radios and administer CPR/First Aid.
- Maintain inspection records to include fire alarm/extinguisher/smoke detector checks.
- Responsible for patrolling internal and external facility premises.
- Maintain records and logs as necessary.
- Conduct daily room search/inspection in conjunction with residential staff and provide documentation, as necessary.
- Enforcement of visitor policies and overall programmatic policies relating to security.
- Cover front desk and assist other staff members when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- California Guard Card required.
- Current California Driver’s License preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Candidates will be subject to a background check.
Please submit a detailed cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org one PDF document. In the subject line, please reference “Security Officer.”
It is the policy of YWCA of San Diego County to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, color, race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, YWCA provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.